How does He do that?

I was laughing slightly at my last entry. It seemed as if I had implied that I most often find the answers to life's greatest questions through the latest book on New York Times best seller's list. Although I am deeply enjoying this book, permanence is something I have been struggling with for some time. It is something I have often gone to God in deep prayer, in order to help me find peace with it.

And God always provides my answers. Even providing little moments of inspiration through a popular book. (even if that wasn't the author's intentions in that paragraph about Rumi)

Everyone has a different relationship with God. Mine is one that almost entirely relies on His great love and knowledge to answer all my queries every day. I have had so many experiences in this life that leave me knowing, undoubtedly, that He knows me and ultimately leads me to the right decisions; the happiest place I could be.

It's also inspiring for me to collect universal truth everywhere I go. I believe God has inspired many people to inspire other people all over the world. I have these Aha moments at the strangest, most incongruous times.
Through an unlikely book I'm reading, a conversation with a stranger, a quote in a calendar, a crowded bus ride, or a terrible experience that leads to growth.

It's interesting to see how He intervenes, and when, and through who. I find it exciting to see how He works through other people.


So, we decided last minute to do our weekly grocery shopping Friday night instead of Saturday day, so we could leave our day open for fun. We packed up the kids and went to Smiths. Halfway through the aisles, checking off our list, we realized Odin had wet himself. He had thoroughly soaked his diaper and pants. I quickly grabbed him and ran out towards the car. As the automatic glass doors opened to the dark and raining parking lot, there was a white car blocking the way. An older woman sitting in the car saw me walking towards her and quickly rolled down her window.
She said urgently, "Have you nursed your baby?"
I answered, "Yes." and was thinking "you have no idea......"

She then replied,"We need someones help. My daughter just had a baby on Monday and is having a lot of trouble breastfeeding her. Today has been the most difficult day and she is about to give up!"

I then told her that not only do I nurse my baby, but helping people nurse theirs is what I do.

She looked amazed and shocked. They had prayed to find someone to help, and then drove to the store.
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the fate of this circumstance.

Now, for someone who has never breastfed your baby you're probably thinking, "What's the big deal?" It's not like she was dying or needing resuscitation!"

To a mother who wants to nurse or has nursed, the maternal instinct to nurture and feed a new baby can ache and burn like life or death.

I was grateful to be able to help her, and flattered that I was an answer to a prayer.

Thank you God for understanding the urgency of this need, and for answering this mother's prayer.
(And thanks for always answering mine, too.)