Peaceful Warrior


Odin being a peaceful warrior in his 18 gallon bucket bath.

"The Way of the Peaceful Warrior" is a book I can read again and again and feel inspired every time. I read it for the first time 13 years ago and it still speaks to me these truths that I always need to hear. One of my favorite quotes from said book is,
"The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less."

So each week I think I will post a reminder to myself of how I have been able to develop that capacity in my life. The concept of "less" has helped me immensely to keep things simple and flexible; To not worry about money, to enjoy the small pleasures, to be at home with my kids, to embrace the present.

Peaceful warrior reminder #1
: We may not have a bathtub in our apartment, but our rent is cheap and we have a very wonderful, large garden in the backyard to grow our own vegetables.