sweet suckling babe

My sweet suckling baby. You need me as much as I need you. I hear you squirm and yell out in the night and I am right next to you. I scootch over to you and hold you tight, and help you find your way to comfort. You relax immediately in my arms and melt into my breast. I get to hold you all night like that If I want to because you are always there. And I am always here for you.

I have been memorizing the lines of your face and how they have changed. From my viewpoint you have molded into me, yet grown away into yourself at the same time. You started out small, smelling of my milk and sweetness all the time. Now you are big and bulky, with great chubby cheeks and teeth! But that doesn't change a thing. We still need each like the first day you came to me.

You are turning one this month and that means we have known each other a long time. I haven't missed a day away from you. Some days I"ve felt overwhelmed or burned out, and blamed you. Yet you are also the only cure. When I lie down next to my suckling babe, everything else goes away. I am flooded with nurturing hormones, designed to love and enjoy you. It's the way God planned it.

I need you just like you need me, my sweet suckling baby.
Let's go to bed, it's getting late.