Little Rewards



How do you treat yourself? All work and no play can make you dull, or however the saying goes. I think it most likely will just suck the sanity right out of you.
So, it's probably important to fill your cup with little rewards once in a while, after all the hard work you do.

And I'm not only talking about the work of children-rearing, I'm talking about anyone who doesn't sit idly around doing who knows what all day, but whom otherwise spends their time growing, learning, changing, and affecting others for the good. I like to imagine this is the majority of our happy, busy world, but then I think of this little grocery market in HI, where extremely idle people sit outside all day doing nothing. If ever I am feeling guilty for needing a break from reality, I think of this little market, and feel like maybe I'm doing some good.

So taking little breaks is good. Fill your cup, reward yourself. Stop reading so much information, stop planning so much, stop organizing so much. Perhaps I should dedicate the rest of my summer to eating my favorite foods, and watching all the movies I've missed, on DVD. Anyone care to join me?

So tonight after the kids go to sleep, I am watching the chick flick (He's just not that into you) I rented, and eating avocados with salt on them, and my fav honey pudding.

Cheers to the little rewards that keep us sane. :)

Maybe tomorrow I'll shave my legs. woot woot!