Four dollars!

Is what I paid for this gem of a thrift store find. I've been wanting a doll house to play with forever. I know, I know, I have two little boys and dolls aren't their favorite thing. However, I also have two little boys whom I spend most of my time playing with, and let's face it-- I can get bored! I find myself dragging my kids to the toy section of the thrift store more often than they care to, just to buy something novel to keep me entertained!
And I'm not talking spendy toys... just fifty cents here and a dollar there, for a yo-yo or a board game or a puppet. Mostly little things we can make a theme of. For instance, we've been collecting rubber animals from the thrift store for almost two years, and now we've got an entire collection, from lizards to tigers to raccoons!

Thrift stores are a lot of fun!
So here's to playing make-believe with our new doll house this week. I'm SO excited.

Oh, I mean our manly, rubber-animal house.
(And of course, later on, Darth Vader and Luke had a tea party on the Veranda.)