A little of this n' that

The good this:
*Our baby is such an angel. He sleeps, and nurses wonderfully, and when he's awake he just stares up at me with these happily contented eyes. He doesn't really cry, which is really nice. And once in a while when he does, I just stick the milkies in his mouth and he's happy again.
*Nursing stung at first because we couldn't get his latch quite right--but after a week of practice, we were pros. It's really fun to have a snuggly, nursing baby again. I really mean that.

*Zadok and Odin love their new, baby brother and give him kisses constantly. Zadok wasn't very fond of the babies umbilical cord, and always made sure I "covered that thing up" before he'd go near Jonah. LOL! When it fell off after 7 days, Zadok did a happy dance and sang out loud, "The cord is gone! The cord is gone!" funny kid....
And Odin always asks before he kisses Jonah. "Mom, can I kiss Jonah baby?" He always refers to him as "Jonah Baby." Love it!
* We have a new pet garder snake. Micah caught it while out hiking. It lives in our toy room in an aquarium, where the kids feed it fish and watch it slither. Heaven help me if that thing escapes and slithers through my house. Eeeek!
*I feel so much better not being pregnant. I was a walking zombie for a while there. And even worse, felt like I was neglecting my kids. I had this horrible, awful, plus guilty thing going on 24/7. But, the good news is, the kids still love me, and we seem to have picked up where we left off 9 months ago. Zadok said the other day, "Yeah--fun Mommy is back!"
*We have been so blessed with generous friends and neighbors who have dropped off (or mailed) food and special presents for our family at this time. I don't know if I have thanked everyone enough. I sure have thanked you through my prayers, as I know you've all been inspired to lift us up at this time!
*Micah is really an amazingly patient and fun father. These boys are lucky to have him! And I am lucky, too, as I've been able to relax and recover while they are off on adventures. On Monday he took Zadok to Zions National Park where they hiked and hunted for frogs. Today he took Odin to Kolob Canyon where they caught polliwogs. The boys loved their "special dates with Micah."
Here's an evening at Canyon park where they had water balloon and squirt gun fights:


The stupid that:
*Micah is still on the job hunt. It's really a complicated process trying to figure out just what to do right now. While he's got this part-time position here in Cedar starting next week, we still can't decide if he should keep interviewing for the jobs in SLC, AZ, or LV, or just stop for now, and wait for something closer. Neither one of us really feels like packing up the entire family for a huge move, in less than 2 weeks notice, when all the schools start. Plus, our baby is 2 weeks old, and I'm still recovering. Not a great time to move. But---will do what we have to do. We were going to drive to Phoenix, AZ this weekend for an interview but canceled it. It just didn't feel right. So, we'll see....... Keeping the faith alive that something will come up that is perfect for us........soon?


The cute this:
Don't you just love baby toes??