Mei-tais and an old news clip

I love soft, fabric babycarriers!! They are an essential part of my whole parenting experience and also, parenting philosophy;
keeping babies close brings happiness, bonding, comfort, security and love between parent and child. Plus, there's nothing like getting to sniff your sweet babies head all day as you're getting stuff done. You just can't do that from a car seat! What I would really love to do is sit down all day and stare lovingly into my babies face----but I can't. Hence, my obsession with babywearing.
This is the mei-tai I sewed for when baby Jonah came. He is snug as a bug in there. When I first started sewing MT's I followed this pattern here. Since then I have a changed a few things around, but not much.

The view from the top is the best.


I recently tallied up the past 4 years of sewing Mei-tais and counted 60. I have slowed down quite a bit with my busy kids, but still love getting behind the machine and imagining the sweet, little baby who's going to be worn by my creation. There's a lot of love that goes into making a babycarrier.

This is the news video we were in 4 years ago when we lived in Idaho. I just watched it again and smiled. Zadok was so little! Our old neighbor Kimber, is like the biggest babywearing advocate i know of--click here to watch it.
(i had to wait a couple minutes for it to come on from the black screen)