Mother of three!

Becoming a mother of 3 hit me kind of hard. It's not that our baby has been hard or demanding on me--he's this perfect, little, angel who lounges in this happy world of contentment most of the day. And it wasn't exactly harder caring for our two, older children, because they've already been keeping me busy for years! (4 to be exact)


Instead, It was this major mental adjustment when I discovered that wow- I have 3 kids and this is really it, i.e. This is what it feels like to be a busy mother, raising children, in the prime of my parenting journey. I suddenly realized that my kids are at the very beginning of their "remembering" experiences, and what I do as a mother, is quite possibly going to be ingrained in their memories the rest of their lives. Zadok is 4 1/2 years old, and Odin is 2 1/2, and they are like two little impressionable sponges, who soak up every bit of information along their paths.

At first panic set in, then prayers. I quickly reminded myself to utilize the power of prayer God has given me; to tap into those divine resources and become the mother of 3 I want to be today. I believe that these past 7 weeks since Jonah arrived, have been filled with transformative experiences and humble answers to prayers, as I've been trying to figure out just what I need to do.

The first thing I realized is that time is my most precious asset. I need time with my kids, time to play, time to explore, time to cook, time to clean, time to rest, time to sleep, time to read, time to research, time with Micah, time to exercise, time to plan, and time to enjoy each moment. So, with time being most important, I realized just how important it is to use my time wiser than ever before. That means eliminating things that may be good, but aren't as important as my family, and making time for what I really want to do right now.

Here is a list I've compiled of what I really want to make time for right now,
as a mom:
*Make time to write in my journal each week, recording all the cute things my kids say and do.
*Make time to plan family home evenings, and have them consistently each week.
*Make time to take pictures and organize photo albums of our kids.
*Make time for special outings and fun activities every day..ie. making memories.
*Make time to cook yummy, nutritious meals for my family.
*Make time to define my ideals and goals as a homeschooling mom.
*Make time to work on being more patient, tolerant, and understanding with my kids.
*Make time to appreciate each of their unique, and wonderful personalities.
*Make time to enjoy every.single.moment, because shoot--this is going by faster than I realized!

This list isn't totally profound, but it is what I want to focus on right now. I feel that if I can't do the things on my list--I'd better make the time, because this is it. My goal is to feel fullfilled each day, and to know that my family is happy because of who I am and what I choose to do. I am the center of my children's lives, and they need to know what is important to me.

I feel happy right now. I feel like I am becoming the mother of 3 I want to be.






Can you tell how much we all LOVE this baby?? Zadok calls him our,"little Pootie." It's pretty funny. He also calls me the "Big Pootie, Bootie Mama." Not so funny.
Odin kisses him all day long--literally. I have to beat him off while Jonah is sleeping. Micah loves to hold him and watch him get stronger and more alert. I love to look into his sweet face and thank God he is ours.