Blog Archive

Family stools

I found these little stools at a thrift store for $5 each. I have never reupholstered a chair before, but thought I'd give it a try. All you need is some cute upholstery fabric and a heavy duty stapler. Here's the old look:

I had this plan to make my kitchen all matchy, with matching stools and a matching tablecloth and maybe even some matching potholders, but then realized that the kids would appreciate dinosaur stools so much more. Maybe someday when I'm 50 my house will be my own individual style. For now, it's all about kids, and that's okay too.
Here's how they turned out:

I hadn't planned on anyone else helping to cover the stools, but once I started, everyone looked over and wanted to be a part of this simple project. Odin and Zadok helped unscrew the screws, Micah helped staple and hold down the fabric, and I delegated jobs. ha ha. Spontaneous family project night.