Factoids

Factoid 1.
I dropped out of college my senior year and I am happy with my life. I was studying Recreational Therapy and it was thrilling to me, but now I am more thrilled with recreational parenting. I like to think that the things I studied can be applied to my job as mom. I've thought about going back for those last two semesters but it's just not on my priority list right now.
By the way, human lactation is thrilling to me. I would like to get my licence as a certified lactation consultant sometime in the future. Now that would be fun.

Factoid 2.
I like to vacuum. It's the one domestic chore that gives me instantaneous satisfaction.
All I have to do is stand there and push this machine and my house looks 10 times cleaner. I dream of someday owning an amazing vacuum that sucks up everything in its path. The last 3 vacuums I've owned are thrift store rejects that function just enough to make the carpet look clean. I vacuum my carpet every 3-4 days.

Factoid 3.
Our family shares a big bed and we enjoy it immensely. I've never owned a crib and don't plan on it.
The moment our new babies come out, I can't imagine them anywhere else but the crook of my arm. It's a powerful instinct, and it's a lot easier to nurse, too. Who wants to get out of bed in the middle of the night? Not me.
I believe strongly that our little ones shouldn't sleep alone until they are ready.
One of our favorite things in the world is waking up to our kids snuggled up to us.

Factoid 4.
The first music concert I ever went to was Pearl Jam. I was 13. I remember wearing cut off jean shorts, knee length white socks, and a onesie. Yes, a onesie! It was a white bodysuit that snapped underneath. If those came back in style could you wear one? I'm not sure if I could. But the concert was awesome. I always thought Eddie Veder was hot.

Factoid 5.
When I was in high school I got beat up for being white. (Yes, racism is alive and well in beautiful Polynesia.) I was accused of giving a girl "stink eye" which is basically scowling your forehead and frowning. It was really just an excuse for them to gang up on my bootie. It was so ridiculous, and I still remember how scared I was.

Factoid 6.
As soon as I get the kids to bed tonight I'm going to sew something pretty.