Homemade bummy stuff

My fellow cloth diapering sister-in-law, sent me a 5-pack of Gerber flannel blankets in the mail. I knew that could only mean one thing: Homemade baby bum wipes!

I started by folding each blanket in half, then cutting them up into sixths. I then sewed around the edges, leaving one edge open. Then I turned them right side in, and sewed the final edge. This was to keep the edges from all fraying and getting tangled in the wash. I ended up with 30 wipes.
In the past I've just cut up old flannel pajamas for bummy wipes and left the edges all frayed. I've had to untangle many a mess from the dryer. I guess this time I was inspired to do something more. Thanks Genevieve! Here they are below. They get thrown in the wash with our cloth diapers.

To moisten the wipes I've made a concoction in a spray bottle that I either spray onto the wipes or directly onto the baby. Some babies hate getting sprayed, but not Jonah. He secretly loves it.
I fill the bottle up with water until the narrow neck. Then I add one Tablespoon olive oil, one tablespoon baby shampoo, and a few drops of a yum smelling essential oil. (I like eucalyptus or grapefruit) And voila!

Happy diapering!!