Papa made

"That's a really lovely purse you have."

"Thanks,"I say proudly,"My husband made it."

I've been wanting to showcase some pictures of Micah's crocheting. When I first met and dated Micah he was crocheting a purse for himself. He would bring it everywhere he went and work on it while he sat. Where other guys were sitting around talking sports and business, Micah was reading a book called "Crazy crocheting", and learning how to gently weave together soft yarns and colors. And did I mention the purse was for himself?
I've always loved this about him--It's one of my favorite things about the versatile nature of Micah.
Here's some of his Winter weather creations. I love his scarves.They are so soft.

And here's some baby blankets he's made for the boys:

Long before kids and family life, Micah crotcheted a giant sleeping bag. I think he just started crotcheting and couldn't stop. It can fit 3 people!

I love the detail on the top. These are really neat, whatever they are called:

Lastly, I love my Christmas stocking. For our very first Christmas together, we created homemade stockings for each other. Since then I've been making the stockings for the boys, so mine is the only crotcheted one in the family. That makes me feel extra special!

I love all things Micah/Papa-made. People often ask me if I'm ever going to learn how to crotchet. Nah, I say, that's mans work.