Sit on the floor

Each night as I lie in bed I've been trying to repeat in my head what my children need and how I can meet those needs the following day. I think some days can get really busy in my head, and I want to make sure I am always in the present with my kids.
Although I am a full time stay-at-home mom, and each day is spent on adventures, playing, eating, napping, and growing together, some days I do try to buy groceries, clean my house, pay bills, work on personal hobbies, exercise, keep up with friends, plan primary activities, fill my spiritual cup, etc...
So I've found that if I think each night what they presently need, I am able to meet those needs amidst our busy lives, and everyone is fulfilled.

Tomorrow Zadok needs more alone time with mom while Odin is sleeping. Alone time can be spent playing a board or card game, reading books,playing Star Wars role play, or wrestling on the big bed. Zadok likes to help around the house so I need to provide more opportunities for him to do so.
Tomorrow Odin needs more games involving body movement(like Patty-cake), more eye contact, more dancing in mom's arms, leg massages, and more mom helping him walk across the room.


What I like to do, whenever life gets too busy, the house is a huge mess, or we're tired, or bored, or just don't have anything else to do, I just sit on the floor. The moment I sit on the floor the boys are crawling all over me, we are laughing, and nothing else matters. I sit on the floor a lot.