13 is soooooooooo fun


A very 13 year old Sally Stokes.

Last night I read my entire journal from the year 1992. I was 13 years old. I was laughing my head off. My journal entires went mostly something like this,

"Today I woke up and ate my favorite cereal with the fruity shapes.
Then I went to school and saw Waiole, that boy who I think is sooooooooo cute.
Then I came home and played hiding-go-seek with Pog the Dog.
Then Jenna came over and we went snorkeling at Shark's Cove.
Then we came home and watched Baywatch and Melrose place.
Then we went to Foodland to check out all the cute surfers buying dinner.
Then I went to bed. Today was soooooooo fun. Well, except for I saw Crystal at the store and she didn't even say hi to me."

Next day: "Crystal is so rad. She is my best friend. Today we went boogie boarding."

So anyways. Being 13 is such a funny, funny age.

Then I read my journal from when I was 19. And this is a public apology because I was pretty sure my crap DID NOT stink when I was 19, according to my journal. Reading back on that age I was in a very selfish, self-absorbed world. Glad that's over.

I am still an avid journal writer. I can open my journal from one year ago today and know exactly where I was and what I was doing. In fact, one year ago today Micah caught a squirrel in the backyard, killed it, and ate it. And I cried about it, even though I gratefully realize that he could feed us in a disaster situation. Blaaagh!
Hopefully in another 10 years I will read back and have a lot to learn from and laugh about, too.