30 days of Happiness-- The End

Well, I started this 30 days of happiness journey 30 days ago, and I have to admit that, (If I could give myself a scholastic grade here for a moment), it would be a C+. I did the assignment, but didn't follow the directions completely. Not that I couldn't find 30 days of happiness in my life, I just couldn't find the will to blog like I used to, for 30 days straight, nor could I find any reason to be happy on one particular day. Ahhhhhhhh. Oh well.

It's been almost a year since I started my blog and I've really quite enjoyed it. It has definitely been a big adventure for me in so many ways, and it came into being at a time that I needed an extra creative outlet. It has been a lot of fun.

I've learned more about how the world wide web works, for example. I've also learned about the world of blogging and bloggers, and blogs galore! I've learned that there are some really neat blogs out there to read and learn from, but I don't have the time in my life to read them all. I like to read my friends blogs the most. :) I've learned that there are people who read my blog who I don't even know, and people who read my blog that are my neighbors. I've learned that my most devoted blog readers will always be my parents. Awwwwwwww....so sweet. I've mostly really enjoyed the feedback I've received from my writing. Writing has always been something I've really enjoyed doing, and I have loved the outlet that blogging has provided for me, in that way.

I've also learned that there is a season for everything in my life, and it's a good to learn when something needs to come to a close, or slow down considerably. More and more I find myself being pulled in so many other directions, and feel less and less of a need or want to write on my blog. (Quite literally, Odin is pulling me into the living room to help him put all the caps back on the markers as I write.)
So, perhaps I will just post every once in a awhile. Okay? Okay!!

(a happy picture of yours truly)

So, back to happiness. This year is my 30th year, and it has been great. If I live to be 90 years old, I have already lived 1/3 of my life. Isn't that a good reason to find true happiness and stick to it? I feel like the past several months I have been sorting out the nitty gritty of it all: what I truly need, to be, and to stay, happy for the next 6o years. I'm sure this list will add-to, as my journey continues, but this is what I have figured out for the first 30 years, and will continue to believe and do for the next 60:

*God is my foundation for everything good in life. My relationship with him is an absolute priority. I need to trust Him, love Him, and talk with Him every day.
*I need my Husband to live with, to laugh with, to cry with, to discover life with.
* I need to raise my children and give my all to them; with love and tenderness.
*I have to be outside every day, to feel the sunshine, breathe fresh air, and enjoy nature.
*Friends bring such joy to my life. I want to spend time with those who care about me most.
*Keep good relations with my family, and let them know I care.
*Be conscience of neighbors and associates around me who need my help. "Charity never faileth."
*Only read and study what is pertinent to my life. The world of knowledge is overwhelming, and gets in the way of necessity and truth.
* Don't develop a cyber life. I am most happy when I stay off the Net and stick to simple things like reading a good book, playing with my kids, and cooking a good meal. (Although fascinating, fun, and informative, If my time starts to get too sucked into cyberspace, I start to feel depressed.)
*Physical exercise is my happiness fuel. I don't ever want to under-play my need for exercise. It's an absolute daily priority for me.
*The word of God is as necessary as water for me. If I don't read my scriptures, I feel an unquenchable thirst inside my soul. The word of God has the power to nourish me daily.
*Teach my kids what is most valuable to me through example.
*Be consistent in everything I do.

May you all have a very happy day!

(a photo of some Jacksons. Check out Micah's bad-ass motorbike in the background)