Trivial

There's nothing like watching a whole country of people suffering and dying to make you realize how trivial your problems are. It's almost unbearable to read or watch the news, and then not feel guilt and shame for complaining about trivial things like living in a small apartment, or not having enough money for your favorite foods. My heart goes out to those who have nothing, who are suffering more than anyone should ever have to.
I lie in bed and hold my babies close and think about all the mothers who have lost theirs. They loved their children just as much as I do, and that is a very painful thought.

I think to myself, if this ever happens to us, I hope I have already gained the strength and faith to bare it--that somehow I would be able to go on, knowing that there's rest in the end, or knowing that our family will always be together forever.

Anyways, this isn't really about me right now. But I just wanted to say that I am happy with whatever we decide to do, wherever we decide to make a living, whatever the outcome is...because we are together.


This photo is from the Peaceful Parenting website, and this is the caption:
This photo is both heartbreaking and encouraging at the same time.
Despite all the turmoil around, Renante Taris breastfeeds her son,
Erikson, comforting him in this gentle mothering way like nothing else can. Renante and her toddler are at a
hospital in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.

[Photo by Jae C. Hong. Thank you to peaceful parenting mom, Tara Wise Drumm, for passing this photo along.]