31....again

This picture: A frightened deer in headlights......or me turning 31? You decide.

I turned 31 this week. I have to remark, however, that besides being excited to be officially in my 30's, I am also really excited about how much use we have gotten out of these #3 and #1 candles!

We originally purchased them when Micah turned 31 (3 years ago). Then, we used the #1 when our 1 year old turned 1. Then, we were able to use them again last year when our 3 year old turned, well, three. We used them for me last year when I turned 30, adding that the #1 was for good luck. (So, obviously, this year I didn't get an extra good luck candle.What's up with that?)
I am pretty sure we could use them when our 1 year old turns 2, explaining that 3 minus 1 equals 2 , but that might be stretching it for a 2 year old.

Anyways, just wanted to let people know that sometimes getting older simply means being a cheap-skate on buying new candles.

p.s. Thanks everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday! I am stoked you remembered!!

This is last year's cake! Don't let the #1 fool you. I was soooooo young back then.