Wendy


One of my favorite people on the planet stopped by this past weekend as she was road-tripping past my town.
I met Wendy my first semester in college and it changed everything. I was starting a new life in a strange place; feeling lonely, home-sick, culture-shocked, and somewhat depressed...and here comes the most free spirited, unconventional, hillariously funny person ever. She was huge breath of fresh air and a light. I don't know anyone that doesn't love Wendy Diehl..I mean Singer.

Here's 17 more things I love about Wendy:

She laughs at everything.
She lived in a tree house...in the middle of Winter.
She broke her arm once, so then she decided to shave her long hair so she didn't have to fix it everyday.
She likes to be homeless.
She painted the hugest Bob Marley mural on her bedroom wall once.
She loves all things Hawaii and spent many nights sleeping on the beach there for fun.
She hates Santa Claus.
She talks about everyone like they're her best friend, even if she only met them once, or hasn't seen them for years and years.
She nurtures and helps those who need her. She's the best child mentor ever!
She finds humor in the normally mundane things of life.
Her family is very important. I think everyone who knows Wendy, knows all her cousins names by now.
She loves her friend's kids, and they warm up to her easily.
She married her perfect match.
She talks a lot on the phone so you have to watch your minutes. But on the other hand, you never want to get off because she is telling you hillarious stories.
She has a unique, funky style and artistic flaire.
She wore the raddest shoes at her wedding. (See below)
She makes you relax and take life a little less seriously when you're around her.

Everyone needs a Wendy.