30 weeks and counting......


There's just something incredibly happy about being 30 weeks pregnant! Maybe because I know that, in 6 weeks, this baby could be fully cooked and decide to come out! Or.... maybe it's because I can count on ten fingers, how many weeks I have left til full, human gestation. Or...maybe it's because at 30 weeks, we are starting to really plan and visualize this birth, more vividly, and It's starting to become a reality. It's all exciting. I have to admit, though, that prior to our midwife appointment earlier in the day, I was not excited...not a bit. You see, I have been extremely sore lately, and barely able to walk around. I had blamed it on my large body. my huge, growing child. my old, child-bearing years creeping up on me. my demanding toddler wanting to be held every minute. I was so upset, complaining that there's no way I can go on another 10 weeks like this. My body is broken........wah wah wah.

I knew there was something really wrong and abnormal, but I didn't know what.

So our midwife had me lay down to check the baby's heartbeat. As we listened to our healthy baby, rolling around happily, she also noticed that my pelvic bone was completely tilted in. This was my problem! She said something like, "Your pelvic bone is gone!" So she lifted my legs up, and moved my pelvic bone back where it was supposed to be, with a quick lift of her palm.

I stood up to feel the difference and it was like I had my normal body back. No more pain. No more creeks. No more achiness. "Okay," I exclaimed, as I burst into happy tears, "I can do this. Thank you, thank you, midwife, I can do this!!"

Okay...back to being excited about 30 weeks.

Yay for 30 weeks and yay for pre-natal care that makes a difference!