Green soup!

This soup is a favorite around here, so I thought I would share the recipe! Besides their beloved broccoli, our kids won't touch a whole lot of "green" stuff these days. But, everytime we make this soup, they both gobble down a hearty bowlful?? The minds of young children are an interesting thing........

Now, I know this picture isn't that palate pleasing, but here is an example of our green soup. This is also one of my "I-don't-know-what-to-make-for-supper-oh-here's-some-split-green-peas-I'll-make-soup-last-minute" dinners.


Here's the ingredients:
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1 cup chopped onion
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
* 12 ounces dried green or yellow split peas, picked over and rinsed
* 5 cups chicken broth
* 1 tablespoon curry powder
Click here to go straight to Alton Brown's recipe and directions.