The Floss Story

Or, the story that my mom likes to make fun of me about.

Shortly after I graduated from high school, I was driving in the car with my mom.
So we're driving along and I notice a package of floss. So I start flossing my teeth. Suddenly I smell the most repugnant, rancid odor coming from the floss. I sniff a little closer and there it is again- the most disgusting smell I have ever smelled.

So I yell,"What the crap, Mom?? You bought the grossest smelling floss! This floss smells like Poop! What is this?--Poop-flavored floss?"

As I'm grabbing for the box, ready to verify that she bought poop-flavored floss, my dear mother says calmly, "Sally, the smell you are smelling is the rotten food between your teeth, which has been festering in there for weeks."

And ever since then I have been flossing my teeth every day, sometimes twice a day, and especially after corn and mango.

The End