Happy World Breastfeeding Week

Happy World Breastfeeding Week everybody!

WBW is August 1-7
, every year. Ironically, I was all ready to type something really long and cool about it, when my 17 mos old woke up to nurse. So, here I am, typing with one finger, with a baby on my breast, keeping this short.

To sum it all up, the theme for this year is "Breastfeeding: Prepared for life." To me, that means being ready at all times to give my baby what he needs, in any situation. Weather a natural disaster strikes and we are left destitute, or my baby wakes up in the night needing emotional comfort, I am here. I am always prepared to feed him, comfort him, nourish him, and love him, with our breastfeeding he so loves and needs.

I was able to raise $360 dollars at a yard sale fundraiser on Saturday, to benefit La Leche League!! I couldn't have done it without all the donations, and physical labors, of other breastfeeding advocates in my community. It was a lot of hard work, but well worth it! Thank you to everyone who helped make this a success!



Off to cuddle and nurse my sweet Odin......



Mama and Odin workin' the yard sale.