30 days of Happiness - neighbors

It was a beautiful, sunny day today! As my Mom and I were out walking, we stopped by a neighbors house to say hello. They were out in front of their house doing yard work.
I've seen them around town, and seen them in the halls at church, but had never had the chance to really get to know them. After 5 minutes of chatting, we fell in love.

The most down-to-Earth, fun-loving, free- spirited, and genuine couple, they turned out to be! We ended up yakking for quite awhile, until Odin got restless in the stroller. As we walked away, the man stopped and said, "You know, we never have an overage of friends, so please stop by and say hi anytime."

What a wonderful thing to say! It was the kind of thing that makes you feel good all day, and makes you want to spread the friendship around. I feel the exact same way. There is never an overage of friends in my life. I feel that everyone I meet is supposed to be part of my life, in a special and purposeful way.
Meeting these neighbors was a nice reminder to be more genuine, welcoming, and open with everyone I meet.

On another happy note, my Odin's hair is getting fluffier, foofier, and wilder by the day. I absolutely love it! And I recently realized I had the same exact hair as a toddler. It made me laugh! It's fun to see genetic traits passed on. (that's me on the far right, with my silly older brother and sister)