30 days of Happiness-- Snippets

Last year I emailed a dear friend of mine that I have been buds with since I was 16, and vented all these hard things I was going through at the time. Her instant response was, "This is awesome Sally! I was starting to think your life was one, big, Utopia and mine was just constant chaos!" She thanked me for being real and honest about the things that were troubling me. It made me realize that it is important to be honest and open about the hard things in life. We all go through them, and every day is not a happy utopia.

Here's a few snippets of finding happiness in chaos, from my week:

*It was total chaos in the grocery store today with my kids. Kids were whining, crying, clinging, screaming, and I really lost all patience. However, there is always this 30 seconds of happiness after loading groceries in the car, and buckling car seats, where I get to walk the cart back to the store all by myself. I breathe in, breathe out, smile, and feel the sun on my face. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I really enjoy that 30 seconds.

*A good friend of mine dropped a book off at my house while I was gone today, that she thought I would love. When I got home, I got to sit in the car and read it while the boys slept in their carseats. For 45 minutes I laughed, I cried, and I thanked God that she was inspired to bring this book over. It was exactly what I needed today.

*I started going to an aerobics class with some other Moms in my community who want to work out, but don't want to leave their kids. We meet in a church gym, let the kids run around, blast the music, and get a kick-butt workout. My first day was on Tuesday. I got 15 minutes in when my little 3 year old appendage started to attach to me. I was frustrated and angry at first, then reminded myself that I have a very tender-hearted boy who loves me. It may take us a few weeks of sitting on the floor watching, to get him used to this new environment, and sharing Mom, but that's just the way it is.

* My husband bought a motorcycle. It doesn't make me happy, but it makes him happy. To be honest, I am scared out of my mind that he is going to crash, and die, and leave us here all alone. But I love him, and trust him, and I am glad he is riding again. I imagine his longing to ride is comparable to my longing to surf. I hope he has many, many happy rides on his new bike!

*Yesterday the house was so stinkin messy, and I was in such a grouchy mood. So what did we do? We turned on Abba Gold and danced, danced,and danced! I was able to tidy up while doing the running man. The boys would stop mid-rumba to eat Cracker Jacks. And we all lived happily ever after.
Hope you can find happiness amongst the normal chaos of your day!