A Childs Prayer.

I distinctly remember driving down the long, dark road through the Waialua pineapple fields, back to my house on the North Shore, while singing my favorite, most beautiful Primary song:

A Child's Prayer:
Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer ev'ry child's prayer?
Some say that Heaven is far a-way, but I feel it close around me as I pray.
Heavenly Father, I remember now, Something that Jesus told disciples long a-go: "Suffer the children to come to me."
Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee.

Pray, he is there; Speak, he is list'ning.
You are his child; His love now surrounds you.
He hears your prayer; He loves the children.
Of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of Heav'n.


click here to listen to the song itself.

I was 22, and driving my old, tan Toyota pickup truck. Probably coming back from a lone shopping trip in downtown Mililani. I remember knowing in my heart that there had to be some kind of plan for me, but I had no idea what. I didn't know what I was supposed to do next, where I should move, if I should move, who I should date, where I should go to college...all the deep, confusing questions that weighed so heavily on my mind at the time. I remember being so upset...then started singing this song. As tears streamed down my face, I felt God's loving arms around me, and I knew that He knew, and that He would direct me where I was supposed to go. I will never forget that moment.

This evening as I was driving back from Micah's work, a 45 minute drive down a long, dark road through mountains, all these same types of confusing questions started weighing down on my mind. I was starting to feel so upset, and confused. Where will we go? Where should we move? What do we do next?
Then I looked back at our two, wonderful, little boys in the backseat, and realized that God has never let me down. Look where he has led me to, look what a wonderful life we have. I never in a million years, driving down that pineapple road, could have imagined being where I am today--with a loving husband and two amazing children. I think that Micah and I are so very blessed, in whatever circumstance we find ourselves in.

I sang my favorite song again, driving down that dark road tonight. I looked back and the boys had gently fallen asleep, and I knew in my heart that we would be taken care of, once again.
I love you Micah, and I can't thank you enough for working so hard for our family. Life is really hard sometimes, but God already has all the answers.