Blog Archive

Parmesan, black bean, tomato, and olive Couscous


We love Couscous around here! It is made from a healthy grain (wheat), is really quick to cook (5 minutes), and is affordable! The boys usually like it served plain, with just the flavors of bullion and butter. I like to spice mine up with whatever I find in my cupboards!

I came up with this recipe a few months ago, and it has been a hit at several potlucks we've attended since. (On St. Paddy's day I dyed it green!)

Couscous:

2 cups dry Couscous
3 cups water
2 tbs butter
2 tspns flavored bullion

Boil water with butter, and bullion. Once water is bubbling, add Couscous. Stir until combined, turn off stove and let sit until fluffy (about 2 mins)
Pour warm Couscous into large bowl, let cool, then refrigerate until chilled.

Couscous salad:

1 can Black beans
2 tomatoes
1 bunch cilantro
1 can black olives
"Newman's Own" Parmesan Garlic dressing.

Combine everything together with a large spoon, then add about 1/2 cup of dressing.
Enough Couscous to feed a large family, or friends at a potluck, or Couscous salad for me, for days!