Happy Mom's Day, Mama Llama!

Every time I get a box, or a letter, or a card in the mail from my mom, she signs it, "Love, your Mama Llama." (well, usually it has like 10 kid stickers surrounding it, a million X's and O's and 20 exclamation points)

This is just ONE example of the kind of FUN person she is, and how every experience in her life is usually followed by 20 exclamation points anyways, weather it be good or bad. (Sometimes I like to refer to Mom Stokes as the Drama Mama Llama. Oh, and she also likes Obama, just to be rhymey)
Here's some great things that I like to think of when I think of my Mama Llama drama who likes Obama:

1.Fun! My Mama likes to dance and loooooooves music. She likes to boogie down like no Mama Llama I know.

2. Caring! She would give you the shirt off her back. When I was younger I remember waking up to this large, homeless, Rastafarian family sleeping on our living room floor. I think she even cooked them breakfast before sending them on their way.

3. Crazy! One day after school I went to drive home and my car was stolen. I was in the principals office about to call the police when someone came running in yelling, "We found a note on a tree in the parking lot!" The note read, "Dear Sally, I had to take your car. I hope you can get a ride. Love, Mom" I was pissed and laughing at the same time. Who does that?

4. Adventurous: We went camping on Maui once for YW's camp and woke up in the deepest, slopping puddle of rainwater. My Mamas stuff was all drenched, but her Spirits were sunny and happy as usual!

5. Great Mama! My Mama always had time for us. One of my favorite kid memories is roller-skating basketball with Mama. I also loved our many early morning walks exploring the tide pools. In high school she used to drive me and all my friends to dance clubs downtown, and wait in the car until we were done. Sometimes we were in there til 2 or 3 am. What Mom does that?

6. Grandma! Mama loves her grand kids and sings silly songs to them over the phone. Our son calls her the singing grandma.

7. Nomadic! My Mama hasn't lived in the same house for more than a year in soooooo long. You never know where she'll end up next.

8. Beautiful! My Mama has the warmest smile of anyone I know.

9. Gifted teacher! My Mama has been teaching young kids for over 20 years, and I know that she has made a difference in so many lives. Everyone loves her, no one can forget her, and she just keeps on doing what she loves, because of the kids.

10. Fashionista! My Mama has a funky and unique style. I think she's part hippie, part Gypsy, part Tropical beachy, part vintage, part thrifty, part--you just never know what she'll be wearing because she does whatever she feels. I love it!


So, there's something I've been meaning to do for a long time. This picture below is of my Mama Llama holding me when I was a wee one. Look how cute she is! It was my blessing day back in 1979. Well, I've been wanting to re-create this photo and so I did.




Here it is!




Okay, so there's some subtle differences I might mention. First of all, it's not exactly the same dress, but it is a 70's Vintage hand-me-down from my Mama's closet. Secondly, I couldn't get my hair to look the same. Thirdly, I'm not sure what she was holding in her right hand so I didn't copy her every look. Oh, and lastly, I didn't have a 1 month old baby girl so I put my 1 year old son in a dress.Other than those things, I think it captures the image perfectly! (he he he)

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MAMA LLAMA! YOU ARE THE BOMB!